November 18, 2010

"A Christmas Story" Exhibit On the Beach Coast in Hammond, IN

While you read TheBeachCoast.com article about the "A Christmas Story" exhibit in Hammond, Ind., read these quotes that will get you laughing and reminiscing in no time before you take a trip to experience the movie in real-life. Since the story and movie take place in our Beach Coast backyard, have some fun being an expert this season and impress your friends with these quotes!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Ralphie and his Red Ryder BB Gun.
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!
Mrs. Parker
: No, you'll shoot your eye out. 

Ralphie: Oooh fuuudge!
Ralphie: [narrating] Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!
Mr. Parker: [stunned] What did you say?
Ralphie: Uh, um...
Mr. Parker: That's... what I thought you said. Get in the car. Go on!
Ralphie: [narrating] It was all over - I was dead. What would it be? The guillotine? Hanging? The chair? The rack? The Chinese water torture? Hmmph. Mere child's play compared to what surely awaited me. 

Infamous Leg Lamp.
Mr. Parker: Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian.
Mrs. Parker: Uh, I think that says FRAGILE, dear.
Mr. Parker: Oh, yeah. 

A pink nightmare.
Mr. Parker: He looks like a deranged Easter Bunny.
Mother: He does not!
Mr. Parker: He does too, he looks like a pink nightmare! 
Randy: I can't put my arms down!
Mother: Well... put your arms down when you get to school. 

Ralphie: Scut Farkus!
Ralphie: [narrating] Scut Farkus! What a rotten name! We were trapped. There he stood, between us and the alley. Scut Farkus staring out at us with his yellow eyes. He had yellow eyes! So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!  

Double-baked beetloaf!
Randy: Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beetloaf. I hate meatloaf.
The Old Man: All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in.  
Scut Farkus.
Ralphie: [narrating] The heavenly aroma still hung in the house. But it was gone, all gone! No turkey! No turkey sandwiches! No turkey salad! No turkey gravy! Turkey Hash! Turkey a la King! Or gallons of turkey soup! Gone, ALL GONE! 

Ralphie: My old man was one of the most feared furnace fighters in Northern Indiana.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Remember these quotes as you tour the Hammond exhibit exploring a world of pink nightmares, lady leg lamps and childhood swearing mishaps! For more information click through to this link and make this holiday season extra memorable. Oh, fudge!